Monday, September 08, 2008

Thanks to Becky, normal host of the Breakfast of Champions Monday on WMBR, for switching with me on September 8th 2008. You'll get to sample her selections on the 11th! Onto the playlist ...

(08:00 - it seems that most bands don't do shouldn't)
Wilco - "Shouldn't Be Ashamed"
Five-Eight - "Shouldn't Be Here"
Girlboy Girl - "Should We Or Shouldn't We"
The Bats - "You Know We Shouldn't"

(08:15 - should they do shouldn't or not?)
Hawkwind - "You Shouldn't Do That (live)"
Fly My Pretties - "Shouldn't I Know"
Zomes - "Black Magic Band" (background music)

(08:30 - band of the week)
Meat Puppets - "Lost"
Meat Puppets - "Flaming Heart"
Meat Puppets - "Enemy Love Song"

(08:45 - I shouldn't criticize those who don't)
Anita O'Day - "Why Shouldn't I"
Fra Lippo Lippi - "Shouldn't Have To Be Like That"

(09:00 - more new music)
Juliana Hatfield - "So Alone"
Tracy Shedd - "Won Past Ten"
I Am Robot and Proud - "Storm of the Century" (concert report music)

(09:20 - after the concert report)
Death Vessel - "Bruno's Torso"
The Shaky Hands - "Air Better Come"
Mekons - "Trouble Down South"
Mason Proper - "Point A To Point B"

(09:40 - clear the way, we're coming through)
The Campaign For Real-Time - "The Game"
Rework - "I Want To Be Like You"
Fujiya & Miyagi - "Pussyfooting"
Pacific! - "Number One"

(09:55 - an aural handshake)
Eddy Current Suppression Ring - "Which Way To Go"

I'll be back on the normal Thursday schedule next week, as always the archived shows are available on WMBR's back pages.

No comments: