Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Breakfast of Champions on WMBR is all about taking you higher, as evidenced by this playlist dated August 28, 2008.

(08:00 - couldn't I find a better theme?)
Todd Rundgren - "Couldn't I Just Tell You"
The Bevis Frond - "Couldn't Care Less"
The Junk Monkeys - "I Couldn't Smile"
The Litter - "He Couldn't Find One Anywhere"

(08:15 - guess I couldn't)
The 45's - "Couldn't Believe A Word"
Television Personalities - "The Boy Who Couldn't Stop Dreaming"
The Field Mice - "Couldn't Feel Safer"
Tracey Thorn - "Simply Couldn't Care"
Talkdemonic - "Civilian" (background music)

(08:30 - band of the week)
Four Tet - "Tangle"
Four Tet - "Wing Body Wing"

(08:45 - if couldn't is could not then why isn't it spelled could'nt?)
Spacemen 3 - "Why Couldn't I See?"
Petula Clark - "I Couldn't Live Without Your Love"
Devastations - "The Night I Couldn't Stop Crying"

(09:00 - new music for the next hour)
Neil Halstead - "Queen Bee"
Drone Hooligan - "Son Risen Fear"
Dark Tooth Encounter - "Radio Bleed" (concert report music)

(09:20 - cruising past the concert report)
Pop Levi - "Love You Straight"
31Knots - "The Breaks"
Swim Swam Swum - "Not In Your Way"
The Broken West - "Auctioneer"

(09:40 - your ears are not in my way)
Damien Jurado - "Paper Kite"
David Vandervelde - "Old Turns"
Okkervil River - "Pop Lie"
Lykke Li - "I'm Good, I'm Gone"
Rework - "Questions"

(09:55 - inevitable conclusion)
Chad VanGaalen - "Bones Of Man"

Thanks for visiting, the audio is stashed on WMBR's archive for 2 weeks after the original broadcast date.

No comments: