Saturday, August 16, 2008

Count me among those that feel transporting the Star Wars franchise into computer animation is barely worth my attention. What I really need to force down again is David Lynch's Dune ... an aggressively bad and incomprehensible film. It contained some fantastic quotes ... remember Eon's house record Void Dweller with all the Dune samples? "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer" ... "He who controls the spice controls the universe!" ... all mixed with old video game samples. Last night I watched the Silent Hill adaptation, it had an enveloping atmosphere until they misguidedly tried to explain everything 3/4 of the way through.

Another Great American Zombie

Sunset / Faces on Film / Ex-Norwegian / Carolee / One For The Team / Darker My Love / Immovable Objects / I Heart Hiroshima / Nathan Wilkes / The Mekons / 31Knots / The Royal We

No comments: