Thursday, August 21, 2008

I can't quite fathom the theme for the first hour of the August 21, 2008 Breakfast of Champions show on WMBR. Oh well, guess I'll have to try to divine it from the playlist.

(08:00 - on the negative tip)
Cheap Trick - "I Can't Take It"
The Barracudas - "I Can't Pretend"
The Zombies - "I Can't Make Up My Mind"
Golden Smog - "I Can't Keep From Talking"
Rumah Sakit - "I Can't See Anything When I Close My Eyes" (background music)

(08:15 - I'm a negative creep)
Hello Saferide - "I Can't Believe It's Not Love"
The Housemartins - "I Can't Put My Finger On It"
Dusty Springfield - "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face"
Talulah Gosh - "I Can't Get No Satisfaction (Thank God)"
Luna - "I Can't Wait"
The John Buzon Trio - "I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me" (background music)

(08:30 - and I'm band of the week)
Magic Hour - "Sunrise"
Nu Shooz - "I Can't Wait" (background music)

(08:45 - this is a negative trend)
X-Ray Spex - "I Can't Do Anything"
Snivelling Shits - "I Can't Come"
Hard Times - "I Can't Wait Til Friday Comes"
The Sound - "I Can't Escape Myself"
Hall and Oates - "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" (background music)

(09:00 - new music makes its way to center stage)
Calexico - "The News About William"
Firewater - "Paradise"
Eli Keszler - "R.L.K. 2." (Concert Report Music)

(09:20 - after the concert report, I'll be in love with you)
Theresa Andersson - "Birds Fly Away"
The Walkmen - "In The New Year"
Caesars - "New Year's Day"
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - "Come Saturday"

(09:40 - I'll be home by new year's)
The Coast - "Floodlights"
Rumi - "The Show"
One For The Team - "What Are You Gonna Cry About?"

(09:55 - and I'll be laughing, not crying)
Fixmer/McCarthy - "Look To Me"

Thanks for stopping by and gazing at the screen, as always a musical version of these playlists can be found by looking through WMBR's archives for the appropriate program and day. This offer expires two weeks from original broadcast date.

No comments: